Saturday, January 26, 2008

No New Mohair

No new mohair for me, I spent my money on something else... I bought a new phone, and accessories. *sheepish grin*

I've been almost drooling over the LG enV flip phone with full qwerty keyboard for about 6 months, and now that it comes in a pretty green color and is only $29.99 on the VerizonWireless.com website if I were to buy it there... I don't want it. I bought its glorified newer sibling, the LG Voyager instead. It's just, better. And my boyfriend bought one so I got to play with the real live version of it and like it much better than the enV.

Okay! Back to yarn. My feather-fan mohair scarf has been my project of choice for my work lunch hour. So portable, so small, so easy to work on without having to think or consult directions, so soothing. However I think I need to ignore it for a while until I can get back in the swing of things on my brother's sweater. As I knew would happen, I stalled on that while starting a new project. I'm past the flames on the first sleeve, now I need to work through the raglan shaping and start on sleeve #2.


In other news, I finally posted some of my past crochet projects, which are all done in thread. A 6" tall (sitting) Winnie the Pooh, an almost completed "hunny" pot to sit with pooh, parts of a Tigger character, a Christmas tree angel, and a snowflake tree ornament.

If I can dig it up, I'll have to stretch out and photograph this lacey tablecloth I started when I was 19 and haven't touched in 3+ years. It's a daisy pattern in size 30 crochet cotton, made one 4" square at a time and connected to the rest of the tablecloth on the last round. It takes me about 2.5 hours per square, and I can tell which squares I did first; they're smaller/tighter and ugly. If I ever get really bored and pick it up again, I'm redoing all of the ugly squares with newer looser pretty ones.
However, that's a big IF since it takes so long to do. I think the only reason I've gotten as far as I have is because, being a thread project, it's so portable.

I'm beginning to think that I should base my knitterly career on small, easily memorized, portable projects if I'm to finish anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment